"Send A Child To School" Community Program
"Send A Child To School" is run by Uganda Crater Lakes Tours. In line with our focus on community and sustainability, we have a vision to support children in the villages with education in good schools. In an area where many people struggle with poverty, education can be life-changing for the child, their families, and the community.
About the project
We are extremely thankful for all donations to "Send a child to School". The donations are used to support school children to attend first-class or mid-range schools. The school fees for a child is 500,000UGX (130USD), which covers expenses for school fees and school items for one term (3 months). Some criteria when choosing the children to support include; doing well in class, vulnerable children, orphans, children with disabilities, etc.
The program was started in 2018 and ten children have been supported (nine in primary schools and one in secondary school). The support was pledged for these children on a continuous basis for several years.
How Uganda Crater Lakes Tours contributes
• Program coordination by receiving donations, selecting children, and distributing donations to them
• Outreach through reaching a wider audience to spread awareness for the program
• Attending school meetings whenever required to ensure children are doing well in schools
• In-kind donations. For the first term, Uganda Crater Lakes Tours contributed 405,000UGX to support the program
How to donate to the program
Donations can be made in any amount, and on a one-time basis or continuous basis. Funds from one-time donations will be used to support costs such as food, stationary items and books at school. Funds from continuous support (for several terms) will support school fees as well. Please follow the following steps if you wish to donate:
1. Contact Noah on Gmail (email@example.com) or Whatsapp (+256 777 293 248). Please let him know how much, when you would like to donate, and if the donation is one-time or continuous. We will need this information in order to make appropriate planning.
2. Once Noah confirms, transfer can be made online through Western Union. Ensure the following information is entered correctly:
FIRST NAME: Noah
LAST NAME: Ataryebwa
3. Take a picture of the tracking number and send it to Noah on Whatsapp (+256 777 293 248). Noah will be able to receive the transfer at a Western Union Branch in Fort Portal using the tracking number and ID Card.
For more information refer to this video on youtube on how to make a transfer using Western Union.
Uganda Crater Lakes Tours is grateful to all who have supported this program (those listed below as well as those who have chosen to remain anonymous). Without your support and generosity, the program and the benefits to the children would not have been possible.
NaturExodus Reisen is a travel agency located in Germany founded by Joshua Ajayi. NaturExodus Reisen offers travels to Uganda and other African countries focusing on nature, animals and the local population. NaturExodus Reisen works together with Ugandan tour guides and supports local charity projects to improve the situation for the poor.